Friday, May 13, 2011

Lots of Shtuff & A Planned Butcherin'

Photobucket

This wonderful Red Spotted Purple butterfly visited me a couple of days ago and I just had to get it's picture. Okay, so it wasn't visiting me but checking out the "eats" around the place.

Photobucket

Here, it is on the bumper of my van. The van that nearly seriously injured and maimed (aren't those the same?) the children and I coming home from Shtuffmart yesterday.
The power steering went "bye bye" as I was pulling into the drive and I ended up underneath one of the water-sucking red cedars that poses as a dust barrier to the side of the driveway.
I've informed the husband that I will no longer be driving the death mobile or will the children be entering the unsubmissive monster until it has had a thorough goin' over.

Photobucket

So I'm without wheels for the time being, but we've got lots of shtuff, thank you, Shtuffmart. And do you remember the hair-raising adventure I had after getting back from a Shtuffmart run this past winter?

And another question concerning Shtuffmart. Why did they stop selling Campells Cream of Asparagus Soup? You don't know...neither did one of the friendly Shtuffmart workers. Oh well.

My son is in Scouts. This was taken at the Boy Scout Banquet this past winter.
I'm really proud of the little guy...the big guy, too, of course.
But I think you'll understand where I'm coming from when I share that he's really developed a love for reading!
That's a big deal for my husband and I as we're "readers."
The whole family is now officially a bunch of bookworms...I love it!

Photobucket

And now I must share that the large red cantankerous bird that goes by the moniker (wow, I've never used that word in a post!) of Mr. Incredible has run out of time. Remember, he's the beady-eyed rooster in the post right before this one.
Okay, here's a picture.

Photobucket

That's right, he's oooouuutttaaa here!
Today was his last. Tomorrow morning he goes the way of chicken and rice.
I will video. No not the messy stuff. But the husband trying to catch him. I'm too chicken (sorry, I couldn't resist) to get anywhere near him. He's a mean one.

Stay tuned for more later,
Julie

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't think the absence of cream of asparagus soup is a bad thing at all. :)

Glad no one was hurt in the death mobile.

Jane Deskis said...

Do you chop necks or wring? Do you skin or pluck? Just curious. We need to whack the four Pekin ducks, and the two old layers who quit laying this month. Hint: don't get ducks, they mess up a coop royally.
Glad you and the kids made it home safely.

Jennifer Hoots said...

I guess by now he is a gonner. I hope it went well. I am sure you got the last laugh!

Amy H said...

Hi Mrs. S! Thanks so much for stopping by, and your very kind comment! I've always admired your photos. They're gorgeous.

That rooster is (or should I say was...) beautiful! Too bad he was so naughty. :-p

Homeschool on the Croft said...

Great post.....wonderful butterfly photos. Wow! Such beauty.
So glad you're all okay after your Deathmobile mishaps....
Oh, and Mr Incredible......ooooh, I wonder how it went???