Tuesday, September 27, 2011

A Beach Vacation


The LORD on high is mightier than the noise of many waters, yea, than the mighty waves of the sea.
~Psalm 93:4~

     Our family just returned from a week-long vacation at the beach in Dauphin Island, Alabama.
This is our third time to vacation at the beach as a family. But this particular trip was a bit different as another family shared the beach house that we resided in. Our family of five was joined up with a family of seven bringing the total residents in our house to twelve. And may I just add that I now have a better feel to the dynamics of a large family. The other mom and I rotated kitchen duty so that we both had days off to completely enjoy the beach, kiddos, and fish with our husbands.
     Walking along the beach while the surf pounds on the sand and the salty water foams up and around my feet and toes and then receeds quickly back to its source causes me to think upon the greatness of our Lord. How Great Thou Art is a song that comes easily to my lips as I stand and watch the mighty waters rise and fall with a mighty crash!
     A week wasn't long enough...I'm already dreaming about the next time.

Blessings to you and yours as we embark upon a new week, Julie

6 comments:

Ron said...

Catch any sharks?

Julie... said...

Not this time around, Ron.
We did catch stingray, too many small fish, and one flounder. It goes without saying the fishing was dissappointing but the atmosphere and fellowship more than made up for it :-)!

Jennifer Hoots said...

That's awesome! We almost got to go there once, but a hurricane came through right before we were to go. Glad you got this time to refresh with your family.

Holly said...

How wonderful! I'd love to go on a beach vacation someday. Glad you had a good time! Holly

CrossView said...

There is something so wonderful and soothing about a beach! Glad you had a good time! I always say I want to live on the beach - until hurricane weather hits... LOL!

Homeschool on the Croft said...

Julie, I sing that almost every day when I watch the waves crashing against the rocks here. Their majesty, and awesomeness and power just speak so much of God's attributes, don't they.
What a wonderful holiday. You see, I have the amazing waves, but not the warmth! To have both... ahhhh, dreams!
Anne x