Monday, February 6, 2012

U.S. Civil War Re-enactment: Battle of Round Mountain 2012

Photobucket

Two years ago our family participated in an event held annually in Yale, Oklahoma at Jim Thorpe park.

The Battle Of Round Mountain Civil War Re-enactment




The actual re-enactment of the battle takes place Saturday and Sunday afternoon while the Friday before is open for school-aged kids to come tour the encampment.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Saturday night there is a ball with authentic U.S. Civil War era-style music.

Photobucket

Photobucket

After several dances, my hoop broke.

Photobucket

If you'd like more information on this fun and educational event, go here.

Also, if you have the time and would like to read a little bit more about our experience, I blogged about it here at my old blog.

I hope your week has gotten off to a great start...I'm cleaning house to prepare for a geography co-op.
And it feels a bit like one step forward and two back!

Blessings, Julie

2 comments:

Twisted said...

Hi Julie,

I remember these post. Great memories. Hope you have a great week too.

Jennifer Hoots said...

My family gets a kick out of going to our local historical farm where they get to enlist for the Union. Grace would love a dress like yours! So pretty!