Thursday, April 23, 2015

It Has Been Awhile

It has been awhile since I've posted here...over a year and a half. And to be honest I really haven't missed it. Life hasn't allowed me to miss it. Occasionally I click over to look at pictures or use a link in the margin but in all reality this blog has been set on the back-burner and the heat turned off due to necessity.


But there are times, as now, in the wee early hours of the morning waiting on a goat to kid, that I do click over and desire to post something, or at least mention that I'm still here.

 
I'm still here,...raising kids and livestock, desiring a garden of the full-blown proportions type, a goat herd of the full-blown proportions type, working at a marriage, and realizing more and more that life is short...and much of what we think we may accomplish one day or hope to is simply that...thoughts and hopes.


Don't mean to sound down but just real. The reality is life is fast and most of the time whether we like it or not we're living in a way that is reactive, or that's the way it is here anyway. Our lives are on fast-forward. I call it the crazy bus, we're on this crazy bus ride, barreling down the highway, swerving around the corners, yelling at one another because we're scared for our lives...and praying that we don't crash. That's sorta my reality right now. It's real and busy...and reactive...and I'm praying we don't crash.


Praying God's discernment, wisdom, guidance, and strength for our family so that we may honor Him, Julie

1 comment:

Brownie said...

Life has been real here, too. Still love your photos. Just browsing around on blogs I use to follow.