Saturday, July 10, 2010

Cicadas...Buzzin'...Buzzin'...Buzzin'


Life at our forty acre farm includes a wide assortment.
The smaller variety and more vocal are the cicadas.
Here, in the summer, it is quite common to find their shells attached to trees, picnic tables, and on the sides of the house.
Yesterday morning, I was determined to find one emerging from it's shell so that I could get a picture.
And yep, I did.
Meet one of our newest tree dwellers...
Stanley Cicada...or maybe...Cindy Cicada.
Anyway, he/she is now a part of the choir that sings in the treetops during a hot summer day.
And really, I don't know if summer would be quite the same if they didn't.
Stay cool and comfortable as those summer temps rise!
Blessings, Julie

3 comments:

Jane Deskis said...

Awesome photo! What type of camera do you use?

Franbles said...

Great photo. Well done on your perseverence! My father is a member of 'The Cicada Club'. He has a cochlear implant (without it he is profoundly deaf) and the club you join on getting one is called after your little critter. I think it has to do with the noise the first recipients heard after their operations. How's that for a bit of trivia?!!
I'm hoping the temps. will rise again here. Love the sunshine!
God bless you and thanks for your visit!
Sarah

Spoiled Daily In Love said...

Hi July! I don't know if you would remember me but I use to have a blog called 50chubbytoes at homeschoolblog...anyways I've followed your blog for so long but the new design wouldn't let me leave comments. Anyways ~ I was so excited to see that you moved to blogspot! You take amazing pictures and I love reading what you have to say ~ I'd love to add your blog to my blog and become google friends. Stop by anytime and say Hi! at Letters To My Airman! Blessings, EMichelle * http://50chubbytoes.blogspot.com/