Monday, January 2, 2012

Hope For A New Year

Lunar Eclipse Dec2011

For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known.  ~ I Corinthians 13:12
This past year was a tough one for our family. Though we didn't understand much of what happened and why it happened, the Lord led us through guiding and comforting the whole time.
Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.  ~ Romans 15:13

I am hopeful for this year. Our Lord's grace is sufficient in all things!
So although there were quite a few thorns in 2011, I'm refusing to be discouraged and seeing the bigger picture!

December2011 086

Be encouraged, Julie

2 comments:

Holly said...

The symbolism of that thorny tree against the beautiful sky really spoke to me. We, too, had a tough year & I wrote about it the other day, allowing myself to focus on the thorns for a moment. Yesterday, I got to thinking of all the great things about 2011. I guess we always have to take the good with the bad :) Hope you & your family have a wonderful year! Holly

Twisted said...

Beautiful picture. I think you are ready to publish a book of photos you have taken - Oklahoma Beauty.
The captions you put with them are perfect. What a devotional you could make. Happy 2012 to you and your family. I can't wait to see your blogs. Your friend, Twisted.